Website Online Visibility Quiz
A QUIZ ON 9 HARD COLD FACTS YOU CAN’T IGNORE
ABOUT MARKETING YOUR LOCAL BUSINESS
Rather than write a lengthy article about the do’s and don’ts of marketing and what you can do now to make 2016 a killer year, I’ve put this information together in quiz form. Consider your business’s online marketing position as you read each of the following:
1. 96% of computer owners search online for a local business. This is the new norm now! Even if you are just down the street or around the corner, people, both consumers and businesses, search and research online and then buy offline (ROBO).
If you honestly knew the percentage was this high, give your 10 points. If you thought it was more than 70% give yourself 5 points.
2. 79% of smartphone users use their phones for local search. So, people today are essentially walking around with a mobile internet-connected computer that, oh yeah, can also make phone calls. Calling it a phone today is really the wrong name.
If you honestly knew the percentage was this high, give yourself 10 points. If you thought it was more around 50% and mostly “young” people, give yourself 0 points. In between, take 5 points.
3. People do not search by business name; they search 98% of the time by business type, and/or product and service. And they look at only page 1 search results 83% of the time and only 9% will go to page 2.
If you honestly knew the percentage was this high for only looking at page 1 results, give yourself 10 points.
4. When people click on a URL to take them to a website, you have between 5 and 8 seconds to convince them they are in the right place. Otherwise, they go back to the search results and click on the next site, probably your competitor.
If you honestly knew the time frame for making that initial decision to stay or go back was this short, give yourself 10 points.
5. Of all the reasons that mobile users use their phone to search for a local business, the second most common is to find a product or service they need now. And most interesting, almost 80% of all local searches on mobile devices end up in a sale.
If you honestly knew the percentage was this high, give yourself 10 points. If you thought it was more than 70% give yourself 5 points. Just guessing, I would have said myself, maybe 50%, thinking that might be too high. Surprise!!!
Local mobile searches (85.9 billion) are projected to exceed all desktop searches (84 billion) for the first time this year, in 2015.
6. Therefore, it’s critical to focus on what the mobile device user is going to see first- and how long it’s going to take them to find the information they are looking for. When surveyed, 3 of the top 5 things mobile searchers want to find quickly are:
Hours of Operation
Address, phone, and map to your location
If you honestly knew these were in the top 3 and could name them, give yourself 10 points. If you got 2 give yourself 5 points.
7. Mobile users claim the size of a business is not an excuse for the lack of an online presence. Searchers have high expectations of finding a business website. Mobile traffic is increasing by 3.5% per month.
If you honestly felt, before this quiz that today, that every business, regardless of what type or size, needs to have a website, give yourself 10 points.
8. Tablet use most often occurs in the living room, (88%) or bedroom (79%) compared to at work (24%).
If you honestly knew that tablet use in the bedroom was 79% or close to it, give yourself 10 points. I would certainly have messed up on this one. Really??? 79% in the bedroom???.
9. Searchers expect websites, with business email addresses. This reflects a quality attitude searchers are looking for. If you use freebie email addresses like @yahoo.com or @gmail.com, 74% of users will click away. They want to see @yourdomainname.com email addreesses.
Survey results show if you want me to come and spend my hard earned money with you, then show some professionalism and dedication to quality, so that the searcher feels confident in the product and/or service he is buying and that you will still actually be in business tomorrow.
If you honestly thought this didn’t matter, you are not alone, but you get 0 points. If you knew this was very important, give yourself 10 points.
Conclusion: 70-90 points, and you are on the right path to online visibility and 2016 marketing. Keep up the good work. Anything below this, and you need to amp things up for 2016.Below are some questions that you should be able to answer yes to, 100% of the time:
1. Can your business be found on page 1 or 2 of search results for your products and services?
2. Is your website mobile friendly?
3. Is your website responsive.?
4. Whether via computer, tablet, or smartphone, when I land on your website, can I instantly tell what you do and why you are the best option.
5. Whether via computer, tablet, or smartphone, is it easy to find your email address, location, phone number, map, and coupon/specials without going to 2 different pages or reading an encyclopedia?
6. On a mobile device, when coded properly, your website will display a phone number as a clickable link - does it?
If you cannot answer yes to all of the above questions,then give us a call or email us for a free website consult at
Tags: Grow Your Business, Website Online Visibility,
Filed Under: Online Visibility